2021 Flu Vaccine
Same Day Appointments are Available!
Book Online for your Vaccine today.
Updated 9th April 2021
Sydney Doctors has received private Flu Vaccines and Government-funded Flu Vaccines. You can now book your 2021 Flu Vaccine with your GP.
Last year saw record-high demand for flu vaccines and most practices experienced supply constraints. Supply constraints are expected again in 2021 as patients are strongly encouraged to be immunised against influenza.
This year we encourage people to have their flu vaccine as soon as possible while waiting for the COVID-19 Vaccine.
You may join the reservation list for our COVID-19 Vaccine at any time, even before we receive our first delivery of vaccines.
How to make a flu vaccine appointment or join the reservation list
During the online booking process, you will be prompted to select an appointment time.
Flu Vaccine Appointment Types
Private flu vaccines – Cost $30.00 – Prepayment required
Government-funded flu vaccines – No out-of-pocket cost
Who is eligible for Government funded flu vaccines?
- Children 6 months to <5 years*
- Pregnant women
- Patients 65 years +
- Immunocompromised patients and patients suffering from chronic illness (see more information below)
*If your child is under the age of 10 years and they are receiving their first-ever flu vaccine, please note that they will require a second dose of the flu vaccine 4 to 8 weeks after the first dose. This will be discussed during your child’s first vaccine appointment.
Immunocompromised patients and patients suffering from chronic illness
- People aged 6 months & over with medical conditions putting them at increased risk of severe influenza & complications, including:
- Chronic respiratory conditions
- Chronic neurological conditions
- Immunocompromising conditions
- Diabetes and other metabolic disorders
- Renal disease
- Haematological disorders
- Children aged 6 months to 10 years on long-term aspirin therapy.
- Cardiac disease